Start date: TBC
Duration: 2 days
Both days must be attended.
9:15 am – 4:30 pm
Wirral details TBC
This free* two-day foundation course is for GP Nurses who are or will become involved in patient immunisation.
Continuous Professional Development: the training consists of 16 CPD hours.
*Free course for staff working at any GP practices in Wirral
The Immunisation Training for Nurses course follows the guidelines of the National Minimum Standards for Registered Healthcare Practitioners (2018) for immunisation training.
During the two days you will receive a comprehensive overview of the core areas of immunisation required to deliver vaccines safely and effectively.
You will also gain the necessary knowledge to answer parents or patients questions confidently and accurately.
For practices, this immunisation course represents a great opportunity to reinforce public confidence in vaccines and ensure high vaccine uptake.
- The aims of immunisation:national policy and schedules
- The immune system and how vaccines work
- Vaccine preventable diseases
- The different types of vaccines used and their composition
- Current issues and controversies regarding immunisation
- Communication with patients and parents
- Legal aspects of vaccination
- Medicines management – Storage and handling of vaccines
- Correct administration of vaccines
- Anaphylaxis and other adverse events
- Documentation, record keeping and reporting
- Strategies for improving immunisation rates