Start date: TBC
Duration: 1 day
Basic: 10am – 12.30pm
Intermediate: 1.30 – 4.30 pm
Devaney Medical Centre, 40 Ball’s Rd, Birkenhead, Prenton CH43 5RE
GP non-medical staff involved in any aspect of patient data processing and management.
The intermediate course is ideal for professionals that are familiar with code reading, but would like to learn more advanced patient workflow management techniques.
If you are not familiar with patient data coding, you can complete the Workflow Training Basic course on the same day before the intermediate course.
Visit the Patient Workflow Training – Basic page to book your place.
What will I learn? This is a 2-part course that provides the necessary knowledge to rationally manage patient data, from basic coding to more advanced healthcare workflow management systems and processes.
The Patient Workflow Training – Intermediate course covers the SNOMED CT system in-depth and includes an overview of workflow management systems and processes.
Both levels can be completed on the same date, and students can book one or both courses depending on their needs.
If you wish to attend the basic and intermediate training, please ensure that you book both courses on their respective pages.
- Summarising patient records
- Selecting relevant clinical letter data on summaries
- Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF)
- Exploring the SNOMED CT system
- Basic medical terminology for non-clinical staff
- Breaking down words
- Understanding how to find words in the clinical system read code hierarchy
- Clinical systems, scanning solutions & workflow process