Start date: TBC
Duration: 2 days
Day 1: 1pm – 4pm
Day 2: 1pm – 4pm
Wirral details TBC
Health Care Workers whose role involves venous blood sample collection.
This course will provide the underpinning knowledge and skills required to safely perform venepuncture using the Greiner VACUETTE® blood sample collection system.
- The Anatomy and Physiology of the vein
- Recommended venepuncture sites
- Equipment required for procedure
- Correct placement of tourniquet
- Policies / guidance to minimise cross infection
- Correct waste disposal
- Recommended order of draw for pathology
- Aftercare advice
- Practice venepuncture skills