Start date: TBC
Duration: 2 hours
This free ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) intensive course for any staff working for PCW member practices.
In this short course, GP staff will gain a better understanding of their rights and obligations in the workplace and get up to date with the latest developments in employment law.
The training will provide an overview of recent employment law changes and how these affect different forms of statutory pay (sick pay, maternity/paternity pay etc).
Other workplace related issues (i.e. sexual harassment) will be covered, and the session will include a discussion over practical examples with suggestions on how employees should act in different real-life scenarios.
- Details of current statutory payments (statutory sick pay, maternity/paternity pay etc) and full details of payments from April 2019
- Employment law changes that come into effect in 2019 and horizon scanning
- Sexual harassment in the workplace – Parliamentary committee report recommendations
- Good Work – The Taylor Review of Modern Working Practices: the very latest on dates of new legislation implementation
- Sickness absence – Causes behind sickness absence falling to its lowest rate on record
- Analysis of practical examples, including:
- Voluntary overtime in the calculation of holiday pay
- When does banter amount to harassment in the workplace?
- Should an employer delay holding a disciplinary hearing due to the employee’s union rep not being available for 2 weeks?